Employment Opportunities in the Encinitas Union School District
The Encinitas Union School District (EUSD) is community of lifelong learners and offers an outstanding opportunity for educators to grow and develop professionally. Whether you're a recent graduate looking for a first job or an experienced teacher seeking new challenges and opportunities, you will want to consider a career move to the Encinitas Union School District. Our students will test your skills and our community will welcome you. Your compensation and benefits packages will be competitive and you will also find we are extremely supportive. We offer a number of programs designed to help you develop skills and further understand your profession. We are a progressive and academically recognized school district that places children first and invests in its employees.
A top priority for the Encinitas Union School District includes recruiting, hiring and retaining a highly qualified professional staff. As a means of attracting and maintaining the highest level of educators for our students, we offer our employees competitive salaries, excellent benefits and incentives such as:
- $2,000 stipends to administrators with a Doctorate degree
- $1,500 stipends to teachers with a Doctorate degree
- $1,000 stipends to National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT)
- $1,000 stipends to teachers with a Masters degree
- $1,000 stipends to teachers who are required to use a BCLAD certificate
- $500 stipends to teachers who are required to use a CLAD, SDAIE, or ELD certificate.
Opportunities for professional growth and development as well as career advancement abound in the Encinitas Union School District. EUSD provides:
- NBCT Cohort Programs for Teachers with National University and Cal State University, San Marcos
- On-site and Districtwide Professional Development
- Competitive Employee Benefits
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Program
- Employment Assistance Program
Click here for current job postings in the Encinitas Union School District.
Applying for Employment
Before you submit your application to our district, you must register with Edjoin as a user, creating a Username and Password for your Edjoin account. Edjoin is FREE. Your application is completed following the on-screen instructions in Edjoin. Frequently Asked Questions are provided on the home page of Edjoin.
Application Procedure Using EdJoin
- Go to www.edjoin.org
- New Users must click REGISTER NOW; Registered Users click LOG IN
- Complete all required fields, which are marked by a red asterisk (*)
- Click NEXT to complete the registration process
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Employment – Fill out information and Click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My References – Fill out information and click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Education – Fill out information and click Save
- On the My Profile Tab, Click My Credentials (Certificated) – Fill out information and Click Save
- Click the My Attachments Tab to add attachments to your application. Scan Documents as PDF files.
Now You May Apply for a Position
1. At the top of the page, click Job Search
2. On the District Search Tab, under County – choose San Diego
3. On the District Search Tab, Under District – choose Encinitas Union School District
4. Select the Job Opening that you are qualified for and interested in applying to.
5. Select Apply Online Now
6. Scroll to the bottom of each page in the application and select Next until you reach the last page of the application. Remember to answer all supplemental questions (in red) at the end of your application. These are questions that our district has included in this application.
7. Select Submit Application.
- To apply for any additional Job Openings, you will follow steps 1-7.
- To verify that your application has been processed, you may select My Applications (under My Edjoin on the task bar at any time).
- After you have received a confirmation for your application, please click EDJOIN HOME, then LOG OFF. Failure to log off will allow your application to be viewable to the next applicant.
If you need assistance, please call or email Becca Wing in Administrative Services at 760.944.4300, ext. 1181.
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
The North Coastal Substitute Consortium (NCCSC) is accepting applications for substitute teachers to work in five school districts which include the Cardiff School District, Del Mar Union School District, Encinitas Union School District, Rancho Santa Fe School District and the Solana Beach School District. Beginning July 1, 2015, the Consortium will be administered by the Del Mar Union School District located at 11232 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130. For more information, please contact Jennifer Cook at (858)755-9301, x3678 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the 2015 - 2016 Substitute Teacher Application.
Please refer to the following for additonal information about substitute teaching in the Encinitas Union School District:
- A 30 day substitute permit will be accepted when the applicant is currently enrolled in a credential program in
order to substitute.
- Multiple Subject and Single Subject credentials are accepted.
- The current rate of pay for substitute teachers is $120 for a full day (7:30 AM to 3:00 PM) and $60 for four hours
or less (7:30 AM - 11:15 AM or 11:15 AM to 3:00 PM). The long-term substitute rate of pay is $130 beginning
on the eleventh day in the same classroom.