Our District recognizes that parents/guardians are their children's first and most influential teachers and that sustained parent involvement in the education of their children contributes greatly to student achievement and a positive school environment. Parents are encouraged to participate in their students' educational experience by:
- Monitoring attendance of their children.
- Ensuring that homework is completed and turned in on a timely basis.
- Participation of their children in extracurricular activities.
- Monitoring and regulating the television viewed by their children.
- Working with their children at home in learning activities that extend learning in the classroom.
- Volunteering in their children's classrooms or for other activities at the school.
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their own child or the total school program in parent volunteer groups such as School Site Council (SSC), English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC), District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC), Parent/Teacher Association (PTA) and the Encinitas Educational Foundation (EEF).
Our district appreciates the generous support that the communities of Encinitas and south Carlsbad offer to each of our schools. The links on the left provide additional information about the Encinitas Union School District.